Pilates is for those who desire a strong yet flexible body. It is for anyone who wants to move, work, and play without pain. The exercises are adapted to meet the needs of the individual regardless of age, fitness level or health condition. It is a safe and effective method for correcting muscular and postural imbalances and for preventing injuries. Pilates conditioning has been proven to be popular with dancers and athletes as well as everyday people. We all have the need for muscle toning, stretching, and relaxation. Pilate’s work focuses on the core abdominal strength, so whatever activity you undertake, your best alignment is supported and your spine is protected.
Developed over 70 years ago by the legendary physical trainer Joseph Pilates, this modern exercise method centers on foundation principals that are consistent throughout the 55 documented original exercises. It’s six principals-concentration, control, centering, breathing, flow, and precision-train the student to move efficiently with low impact on the body.
BENEFITS OF PILATES
- Amazing benefits for back pain and core weakness.
- Increased lung capacity and circulation through deep breathing is a primary focus.
- Strength and flexibility, particularly of the abdomen and back muscles, and coordination are key components in an effective Pilate’s program.
- The CORE muscles, lower back and buttocks collectively referred to as the “powerhouse” of the body, serve as the center of all movement allowing the rest of your body to move freely.
- Improved posture alignment, balance, muscular development, and weight loss, are all common results of a faithful Pilates practice.
- Pilates is also a form of weight bearing exercise to improve bone density.
- Not only will your body’s tone become stronger, the actual muscle fibers will become longer resulting in an overall leaner appearance!